“ Good Health is the Key to a Happy Life. ” In a fast and demanding life health unfortunately takes a back seat whereas it should be of prime concern. Because of the health benefits of physical activity, it is recommended to participate in 30 minutes of accumulated moderate intensity physical activity such as walking fast on five or more days of the week. Yet in our increasingly sedentary world, where almost every essential task can be performed online, from the driver’s seat, or with a phone call, exercising and being physically fit can be tough. Most of us are unable to include exercise as part of our healthy practices even if we are aware of its benefits.
The American Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism had published an issue regarding the result of their study and found out that lack of physical fitness were the key reasons for obesity and other series diseases like diabetics. Every year world wide more than 50000 deaths are attributed to lack of physical activity.
Regular physical activity provides enormous health benefits. It helps reduce heart disease, cancer, type 2 diabetes and many other diseases and metabolic conditions. Regular fitness exercise is also highly beneficial for weight reduction and weight maintenance, and may improve brain chemistry to reduce depression. By contrast, health studies that have monitored the wellbeing of large groups of people over many years clearly show that inactivity significantly increases the risk of overweight, obesity and chronic diseases.
The Health Benefits of Exercise
Studies show that Regular Physical Activity
- Improves your chances of living longer
- Improves quality of life
- Reduces the risk of heart disease
- Helps lower high blood pressure (hypertension) and high cholesterol
- Helps protect you from developing certain cancers
- Helps prevent or control type 2 diabetes (adult-onset diabetes)
- Reduces the risk of arthritis and alleviates associated symptoms
- Helps prevent osteoporosis (gradual loss of bone mass/strength)
- Improves mobility and strength in later life
- Alleviates symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Benefits weight reduction and weight management